The role of knowledge management for education in Nigeria
The study investigates the pivotal role of knowledge management within the academic parlance which has a positive spiral and multiplier effects in a given economy by way of taking our dear country from the shackles of hunger, poverty, insecurity etc. It is clear that the effectiveness and efficiency of any organization/economy rest squarely on its level of knowledge: tacit and explicit. However, this knowledge must be critically studied, tapped, stored and disseminated. This study therefore looked at the concept of knowledge, management, its relevance and role in effective academic system and how knowledge management could contribute in taking a country like Nigeria out of the woods.
2. Kucza, T. Knowledge management process model. Technical research
centre of finland. VTT PUBLICATIONS 2001.
3. Uzuegbu CP, Arua U. Understanding the scope and perspectives of
information management and knowledge management in Igwe. In:
K. N. Igwe, C. O. Nnadozie, A. O. Unagha, C. P. Uzuegbu & M. M. Naga
(Eds.), Fundamentals of knowledge management for the knowledge
economy (pp. 32-42). Umuahia: Zeh Communications. 2015.
4. McAdam R, McCreedy S. A critical review of knowledge management
models. The Learning Organization. 1999;6(3):91-101.
5. Mutula SM, Mooko NP, Knowledge management. In: Aina LO,
Mutula SM, Tiamiyu MA, editors. Information and knowledge
management in the Digital age: Concepts, Technologies and African
Perspectives. Third World Information Services Limited; 2008.
6. Nonaka I, Takeuchi H. The knowledge-creating company, Oxford
University Press, 1995.
7. Frost. Knowledge management. Available athttp://www.knowledge.
8. Nnadozie CO, Nwosu CC, Ononogbo R U, Nnadozie CD.
Typology of knowledge and conceptualization. In Igwe K.N.,
Nnadozie, C.O., Unagha, A.O., Uzuegbe, C.P. & Naga, M.M. (Eds.)
Fundamentals of knowledge management for the knowledge
economy. Zeh Communications-Lagos. 2015.
9. Moballeghi M, Moghaddam GG. Knowledge management and
measuring its impact on organisational performance. In: Proceedings
of the International Conference on Financial Management and
Economics 2011 (Vol. 11).
10. Birgeneau R. The role of the university and basic research in the
new economy. Jones G, Mccarney P, Skolnik M (2005) Creating
Knowledge, Strengthening Nations–The changing role of higher
11. Bloom D. Raising the pressure: globalization and the need for higher
education reform. Creating Knowledge: Strengthening Nations: The
Changing Role of Higher Education, University of Toronto Press,
12. Zhao J. School knowledge management framework and strategies:
The new perspective on teacher professional development.
Computers in human behavior. 2010 Mar 1;26(2):168-75.
13. Chu KW, Wang M, Yuen AH. Implementing knowledge management in
school environment: Teachers’ perception. Knowledge Management
& E-Learning: An International Journal. 2011;3(2):139-52.
14. Rodrigues LLR, Pai R. Preparation and validation of knowledge
management measument instrument: an empirical study in
educational and IT sectors. In: S. Al-Hawamdeh & M. International
conference on knowledge management (Eds.) knowledge
management: nurturing culture, innovation and technology:
proceedings of the 2005 international conference on knowledge
management, North Carolina, USA, 27 – 28 October 2005 (pp. 582
– 593). Singapore, Hackensack, N.J; world scientific.
15. Wei Choo C. Working with knowledge: how information professionals
help organisations manage what they know. Library Management.
16. Wei Choo C. The Knowing Organisation: how Organisations Use
Information to Construct Meaning Create Knowledge and Make
Decisions. Oxford university press, New York. NY.
17. Bhatt GD. Knowledge management in organizations: examining the
interaction between technologies, techniques, and people. Journal
of Knowledge Management. 2001;5(1):68-75.
18 . Ron Y. Why KM- the Importance of Knowledge Management.
19. Roknuzzaman M, Umemoto K. How library practitioners view
knowledge management in libraries: A qualitative study. Library
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.