Construction of an ‘acne reduction clock’ and treatment success with combination of Ocimum basilicum & Aloe vera
Acne/pimple is a chronic skin condition with hair follicles blocked with sebum/dirt/dead cells. This leads to inflammation and also increases the microbial load. Acne occurs due to various reasons such as seasons, enzymes, environmental conditions, microbial load, excess sebum deposition etc. There are various conventional treatments available but are not satisfactory or may have some side effects. Herbal drugs play a major role in the treatment of acne. The combination of Ocimum basilicum & Aloe vera is proven to have anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory activities. In the present paper herbal product with combination of Ocimum basilicum & Aloe vera was studied for its efficacy on hourly basis. Results are presented in the paper.
2. Silva VA, Sousa JP, Guerra FQ, Pess?a HL, Frietas AF, Alves LB, Lima EO. Antibacterial activity of Ocimum basilicum essential oil and linalool on bacterial isolates of clinical importance. International Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemical Research. 2015;7(6):1066-71.
3. Bhavna S. A review of Aloe vera as Ghritakumari in Classics. International Journal of Pharma and Chemical Research. 2016;2(3):158-163.
4. Padmapriya M. A general review on Aloe vera in siddha system treating leg ulcers. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2018;7(1):310-324.
5. Bassolé IH, Lamien-Meda A, Bayala B, Tirogo S, Franz C, Novak J, Nebié RC, Dicko MH. Composition and antimicrobial activities of Lippia multiflora Moldenke, Mentha x piperita L. and Ocimum basilicum L. essential oils and their major monoterpene alcohols alone and in combination. Molecules. 2010;15(11):7825-39.
6. Araújo Silva V, Pereira da Sousa J, de Luna Freire Pessôa H, Fernanda Ramos de Freitas A, Douglas Melo Coutinho H, Beuttenmuller Nogueira Alves L, Oliveira Lima E. Ocimum basilicum: Antibacterial activity and association study with antibiotics against bacteria of clinical importance. Pharmaceutical Biology. 2016;54(5):863-7.
7. Güez CM, Souza RO, Fischer P, Leão MF, Duarte JA, Boligon AA, Athayde ML, Zuravski L, Oliveira LF, Machado MM. Evaluation of basil extract (Ocimum basilicum L.) on oxidative, anti-genotoxic and anti-inflammatory effects in human leukocytes cell cultures exposed to challenging agents. Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2017;53(1).
8. Ba?an BJ, Niemcewicz M, Kocik J, Jung L, Skopi?ska-Ró?ewska E, Skopi?ski P. Oral administration of Aloe vera gel, anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory herbal remedy, stimulates cell-mediated immunity and antibody production in a mouse model. Central-European Journal of Immunology. 2014;39(2):125.
9. Dehdari S, Hajimehdipoor H, Esmaeili S, Choopani R, Mortazavi SA. Traditional and modern aspects of hemorrhoid treatment in Iran: A review. Journal of Integrative Medicine. 2018;16(2):90-8.
10. Vazquez B, Avila G, Segura D, Escalante B. Antiinflammatory activity of extracts from Aloe vera gel. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 1996;55(1):69-75.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.